For documentation around usage and parameters, simply run the following in a PowerShell console:Get-Help AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1 -Full
- AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1 must be run from within an Administrative (elevated) PowerShell prompt; in other words, launch PowerShell by right-clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator"
- If you specify paths with spaces as parameter values, you must enclose them in quotation marks ("")
- Cumulative Updates starting with August 2012 (SharePoint 2010) and April 2013 (SharePoint 2013) do not slipstream properly due to a change in the way MS is doing their packaging. So the latest supported slipstream-able updates for each product are:
- SharePoint 2010: SP1 + June 2012 CU
- SharePoint 2013: March 2013 PU (Public Update)
While AutoSPSourceBuilder can help you download all the update packages you need, you will (for the time being) need to do the slipstreaming yourself if you require newer updates than those above.
I'm working on some changes to AutoSPInstaller that will allow you to simply put single Cumulative/Public Update executable packages into a specific subfolder and they will be applied in sequence, automatically, and in a supported fashion (avoiding the need to slipstream altogether).