This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

April 2013 CUs

Topics: Feedback
Apr 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Had a stab at adding the April 2013 CUs to the XML file. The SP2010 one seems to work, but I haven't tested SP2013.
Compare: (<)C:\TEMP\SPSourceBuilder\AutoSPSourceBuilder.xml (37416 bytes)
   with: (>)C:\TEMP\SPSourceBuilder\AutoSPSourceBuilder2.xml (38281 bytes)

36a36
>             <CumulativeUpdate Name="April 2013" Build="14.0.6137.5000" Url="http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010/sp2/ubersrv2010kb2775353fullfilex64glb/14.0.6137.5000/free/462150_intl_x64_zip.exe" ExpandedFile="ubersrv2010-kb2775353-fullfile-x64-glb.exe" />
283a284
>             <CumulativeUpdate Name="April 2013" Build="15.0.4505.1002" Url="http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013/sp1/ubersts2013kb2751999fullfilex64glb/15.0.4505.1002/free/462083_intl_x64_zip.exe" ExpandedFile="ubersrvsp2013-kb2751999-fullfile-x64-glb.exe" />
360a362
>             <CumulativeUpdate Name="April 2013" Build="15.0.4505.1001" Url="http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Microsoft Office Web Apps Server 2013/sp1/wacserver2013kb2799821fullfilex64glb/15.0.4505.1001/free/462100_intl_x64_zip.exe" ExpandedFile="wacserver2013-kb2799821-fullfile-x64-glb.exe" />
Apr 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Fix for SP2013 April CU (I had the Foundation edition settings):
        <CumulativeUpdate Name="April 2013" Build="15.0.4505.1002" Url="http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Microsoft%20SharePoint%20Server%202013/sp1/ubersrv2013kb2726992fullfilex64glb/15.0.4505.1005/free/462705_intl_x64_zip.exe" ExpandedFile="ubersrv2013-kb2726992-fullfile-x64-glb.exe" />
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Thanks for the submission, although there's no need to submit these routine updates. I might be a few days behind but will always get to them as a matter of project maintenance!

BTW just posted new XML as well as PS1 with fixes here.

Thanks
Brian
Apr 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Hey Brian,

no problem :)
I'd been having a problem with the extraction of the SP2013 April CU, so it'll be interesting to see if your update fixes that.
The "Extracting Cumulative Update patch files..." step (when ubersrv2013... extracts into 2013/SharePoint/Updates) was running for a very long time, seemingly making no progress.

BTW I put back my proxyauth bits, as I need them here at work. There might be a better way to do it if it's not clean enough to be committed to the source...

Thanks
Craig
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Now that's interesting... I was also having strangeness with the April 2013 CU, taking forever to extract and no progress. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I also ended up with an extra ubersrv_1.cab file after extracting the originally-downloaded April 2013 hotfix (I would only have expected to see ubersrv2013-kb2726992-fullfile-x64-glb.exe). What to do with that .cab file... who knows? Even stranger, it contains a bunch of files that are byte-wise identical to those in the .exe, but with different timestamps.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the SP2013 April 2013 CU pulled and re-released...

Brian
Apr 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM
That's exactly what I saw.

I'm re-downloading now and if it still fails, I'll try extracting on the commandline by hand.

Be a shame if they have to pull it, I think that would make it the second SP2013 CU they've had to pull. Not a good start, especially if they're trying to get more frequent with releases...
Apr 30, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Edited Apr 30, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Hmm... re-download didn't help (for AutoSPSourceBuilder)

I'm now running a manual /extract and it's VERY slow and the progress bar isn't working. It's taken over an hour to extract about 1086 files. The March PU takes about 20 seconds I think...

Finally finished, 1200 odd files and took about 1.5 hours.

I'm now running a comparitive test on my desktop.
March PU took about 50 seconds to extract 33 files totalling about 1.65 gig.
April CU tool 1 hour 16 minutes to extract 1205 files totalling about 1.17 gig.

Just looking at my disk IO, it's gone through the roof, with a read rate of >400Meg/sec, write rate of under 0.1Meg/sec.
My HD is just an average 160gig 7200 RPM drive, so it must be hitting the cache repeatedly.

I've posted this on MSDN too.