GetPrerequisites parameter seems to fail when slipstreaming for SP2013

Topics: General Questions
Jan 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Hi,

I've tried running the script to slipstream a build for SP2013 - I get a failure when running this command:

.\AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1 -SourceLocation G: -Destination "D:\SP2013\SP2013" -GetPrerequisites true 

The error that comes back is this:

D:\sp2013\AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1 : Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'GetPrerequisites'. Cannot conv
ert value "System.String" to type "System.Boolean", parameters of this type only accept booleans or numbers, use $true,
 $false, 1 or 0 instead.
At line:1 char:95
+ .\AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1 -SourceLocation G: -Destination "D:\SP2013\SP2013" -GetPrerequisites <<<<  true
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1], ParameterBindin...mationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1

Any ideas please? Dropping this parameter allows the script to run, but I don't know if this produces a result that I should expect to see, or if -GetPrerequisites should be including more updates that I haven't been able to download in this instance...I don't know if this is a bug, or if this is just down to how I am running the script - I had to use .\ at the start, otherwise my Powershell instance claimed to not recognise the script:

The term 'AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable progra
m. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

...even though I was running Powershell as local admin!

Thanks!

Alex.

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Alex,

The correct command should be:
-GetPrerequisites:$true -CumulativeUpdate "December 2012"
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Hi hhancock,

Thanks for this - I will give it a try and let you know how I get on.