AutoSPSourceBuilder: a utility for building SharePoint 2010 / 2013 / 2016 install sources w/ prerequisites, service packs, language packs & cumulative updates.
Update: AutoSPSourceBuilder now supports downloading the prerequisites for SharePoint 2016 Release Candidate! The bits themselves must be downloaded separately from
Update: AutoSPSourceBuilder now supports SharePoint 2013 Service Pack 1 using the SP1-integrated media available from Microsoft.
Utilizing PowerShell and BITS (Background Intelligent File Transfer), AutoSPSourceBuilder will download any missing files (wherever feasible) then assemble them to achieve an integrated, "slipstreamed" master source repository for your SP2010/2013/2016
installation. You simply provide the original media (e.g. ISO file or extracted bits), and AutoSPSourceBuilder takes care of the rest!
It can be run repeatedly, for example to update a source location with the latest SharePoint cumulative update (CU), to add a new language pack, or to download and integrate Office Web Apps.
AutoSPSourceBuilder is primarily intended to be used in conjunction with a scripted SharePoint process such as
, but it certainly doesn't have to be - even an old-school manual installation can benefit from a slipstreamed source.
Includes support for downloading/integrating SP2010 Service Pack 1/2 and the SharePoint December 2011 and newer CUs. For SharePoint 2016, support for downloading/integrating language packs, CUs and service packs will be added as they are released by Microsoft.
Also the URLs for only a few language packs are currently included: French, Spanish, German, and Danish for SP2010; Japanese and Spanish for SP2013. However as soon as I get the rest of the URLs together I'll complete the set of available languages for
Standard disclaimer: This is a tool to help power users get things done quicker. It's not meant as a replacement for learning your stuff :) In other words, I'm not responsible if you end up with a mutated SharePoint farm that begs to be put out of its
misery. Carefully examine the output of the script and double-check your source before proceeding with your install!
For help, usage and examples, type Get-Help .\AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1 -Full
- August 24, 2015: Support for downloading the prerequisites for SP2016 IT (Public) Preview
- May 13, 2014: Support for April 2014 CU for SharePoint 2013 and fix for multi-file CUs
- March 24, 2014: New version of AutoSPSourceBuilder released with the best support yet for SharePoint 2013 SP1, PLUS the ability to fully slipstream the March 2013 PU and your choice of a later CU!
- March 19, 2014: Microsoft has released SharePoint 2013 Service Pack 1, but has introduced additional changes (and challenges) to the way slipstreaming works. Specifically, we
cannot slipstream SP1 into SP2013 the way we used to. It's instead recommended that you use the version of SharePoint 2013 which has SP1 pre-integrated (e.g. the ISO available from MSDN.)
- Jul 2, 2013: Added support for new .img-based language pack downloads for SP2013, and added June 2013 CUs to XML
- Jan 11, 2013: Added Dec 2012 CU/hotfix for SP2010 and SP2013, changed path structure to match new paths in AutoSPInstaller.
- Nov 21 2012: Several URLs in the XML file updated to reflect prerequisites for the SharePoint 2013 RTM release; added October 2012 CU for SharePoint 2010.
- Sept 17 2012: The AutoSPSourceBuilder project is live!